The research around best literacy practices concludes that our students need to read, read, read! Volume Counts (Hoyt, p.10). Do a Quick Write describing a typical literacy block. Please do not Post the Quickwrite. You might include these topics:
- How much are your students actually engaged in reading during the school day?
- What % of your literacy time would you say students are actually reading?
- Include those times when students engage in self-selected individual reading, choral reading, oralreading, paired/buddy reading, guided reading, silent reading?
- How long is your literacy block?
- Do you lose literacy time because of other programming?