Thursday, October 9, 2014

Different Strokes for Different Folks

I had a terrific opportunity to study differentiation for an 8 week period while working on my Masters.  It remains a key consideration in my planning because I came to understand the hallmarks of a differentiated classroom and it made sense.  They say that the proof is in the pudding and I say amen to that too.  I saw the results with the students I began to differentiate for.  In a nutshell, we know the basic reasons to differentiate boil down to 3:

1.  Learning styles
2.  Readiness levels
3.  Varied Interests

I know some students have been more successful and engaged when I've designed a lesson or assessment and included at least one of the hallmarks of the big D.  One of my favorite tools is a Choice Board. I love this Wiki I am sharing with you and return to again and again.  It may not appear that way, but each link in the left margin will lead you to loads of materials developed by teachers!  Click on the  Choice Boards.   I hope to work with you all in experimenting and creating a Choice Board for one of your  units.  Check out my favorite wiki:  

CHOICE BOARDS 

Have you used these before?  Do you think a work session I facilitate would be useful to you?  Please leave a Comment below if you have any comments or questions.  Let us share how we are using differentiation tools!  Please share if you find a useful tool on the wiki too.




No comments:

Post a Comment