6 Instructional Shifts
1. Text Complexity Standards: reading, writing, & speaking
2. Nonfiction and Fiction balance K-5 ; Nonfiction tips the scales 6-12.
3. Greater Emphasis on Knowledge in the Disciplines: 6-12
4. Close Reading: Understanding and Inferring author's point of view, Author's use of Text features and organizational styles to promote POV. College/Career Readiness depend on annotating and thinking while reading.
CLOSE READING & ANNOTATING WHILE READING: <-----CLICK THERE.
5. More Writing From Sources... Expository, Argumentative, Narrative: Inference Wheel, Summarizing, Quoting, drawing text evidence, etc. Thinkquiry Toolkit
ANALYZING TEXT LESSON: <-----CLICK THERE.
6. Academic and Content Vocabulary: Tier 2 & Tier 3 words
Word Clouds: Science Lesson: <-----CLICK THERE.